The holiday season is a time to unwind, connect and finish the year with warmth and good cheer. Just make sure that you don’t let safety take a holiday.
With errands to run and guests to entertain, it’s easy to get distracted. So amid all the hustle and bustle, take a breath. With a little planning, you’ve got this!
‘Tis the season…to be careful
Here’s a compilation of some of our most popular articles on the Eriesense blog to help keep you and your family safe this season.
Holiday Safety At Home
- Decorate with care. Over-the-top holiday displays with questionable safety have long been a sitcom and movie gag, but dangerous lighting setups in the real world are no joke. Follow our 7 safety tips for hanging holiday lights to avoid being the Clark Griswold on your block.
- Use caution with candles. Candles are lovely and relaxing, as long as their soothing flicker stays where it belongs. Check out our essential guide to candle safety for quick tips to make sure those flames stay put.
- Drink (and serve) responsibly. Did you know that party hosts in some states can be held responsible if their guests hurt someone after drinking too much? Here’s what you need to know about host liquor liability and how you can plan for safety.
- Foil porch pirates. Ordering online might help you steer clear of nefarious parking lot lurkers, but that doesn’t mean you’re automatically in the clear. Check out our tips to protect your packages during the holidays to make sure that every delivery makes it under the tree.
- Don’t forget the pets. Certain holiday foods, decorations and plants can lead to sickness or worse for your pets. Check out our top holiday pet safety tips for everything you need to know about keeping the holidays safe and stress-free for your four-legged friends.
- Know when to say goodbye to that beautiful tree. Real Christmas trees are special, but keeping them around after they’ve dried out can be hazardous. (We aren’t kidding. Check out the video below.) Help your tree move along when it’s time with our post on how to recycle your Christmas tree.
Holiday Safety When You’re Out and About
- Look before you park. It’s easy to get distracted in parking lots when you’ve got holiday shopping on the brain. Slow down and stay alert to avoid a fender-bender. Read more in our story on how to avoid a parking lot accident.
- Travel smart. If you’ve got travel planned this season, take care to keep your home safe while you’re away. Here are 11 things to do before leaving home for the holidays.
- Shop safely. With so much shopping happening online, it’s easy to forget the safety basics when we do venture out. Before you hit the stores the old-fashioned way, check out our related article on shopping safety tips for the holidays.
- End the year with safety and style. When it’s time to send off another year, don’t let your guard down! End the year safely and start 2022 on the right foot with 11 tips for a safe and fun New Year’s Eve.
- Take care of yourself. Holidays are supposed to be a joyous time, but it might not always feel that way. Invest in a little self-care with 7 simple ways to beat the winter blues. You’re definitely worth it.
Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season
When you’re with ERIE, you can rest easy knowing you have outstanding coverage, great rates and service from people who care. Learn more about homeowners insurance or talk to your local ERIE agent for a free coverage review.
A better insurance experience starts with ERIE.
Haven’t heard of us? Erie Insurance started with humble beginnings in 1925 with a mission to emphasize customer service above all else. Though we’ve grown to reach the Fortune 500 list, we still haven’t lost the human touch.
Contact Dobina Insurance Agency today to experience the ERIE difference for yourself.